Hexagon - 360º of drone data
Drones are agile, flexible and fast. They allow you to obtain precise data from dangerous or inaccessible areas in a safe and reliable manner. With the right tools, the collected data can be processed, visualized and turned into valuable information that allows you to work smarter and make better decisions.
With Leica GeoSystems, Aibotix and Hexagon Safety & Infrastructure as part of the family, Hexagon provides you with a 360º drone data solution; from planning and performing drone flights with high-end equipment to processing and visualizing data with classic remote sensing desktop software and cloud based solutions.
(Video: Tvilum Survey Company manages to take beautiful pictures while documenting architecture, construction sites, making 3D-visualizations etc.)
Aibot X6 - Because durability and precision matters
The Aibot X6 from Aibotix, part of Hexagon is an industrial UAV designed for professional users who need market leading precision in their surveying jobs and who want to go close to their targets without the fear of breaking their working tool in the process.
The Aibot X6 hexacopter has a sturdy carbon frame that can resist a small crash without damage. It can carry extremely efficient sensors with a weight up to 2 kg that can be used both vertically and horizontally. That makes the Aibot the perfect choice for those who need to be able to change between data from high quality image sensors, infrared cameras for gas leak detection or perhaps a thermographic camera.
Depending on the application of the Aibox X6, speed, height and the angle of the sensors can be automatically set to generate highly precise data.
The Aibot X6 is used worldwide by industry and service companies. Customers such as surveyors, engineers, energy suppliers, construction and infrastructure companies, farmers and forest managers and aerial photographers rely on the Aibot X6 in their daily work.
Planning your flight and processing the data
With specialized applications, the pilot can plan the route ahead of the flight, and the Aibot X6 will automatically fly along the defined route. On its flight, it will capture high-resolution, geo-referenced photographs or other sensor data of the targeted area ensuring sufficient image overlap, adequate airspeed, and fully automatic image capture based on the requirements of the sensor.
Once the Aibot X6 is back on the ground, you can start processing the collected data. The raw drone data can be processed into for instance useful map mosaics, Digital Elevation Models, or point clouds.
Photogrammetric data processing has a reputation of being slow and demanding in time and resources. But it does not have to be the case. Hexagon Safety & Infrastructure provides software solutions which allow you to process your raw drone data into valuable information.
Smart M.App GeoApp UAS is a cloud-based solution that allows you to process your data on the fly instead of at your work station. Data can be displayed to other clients directly from the cloud to make the drone work process even more smooth and fast.
Due to security reasons among other things, not all data can be placed in the cloud. The ERDAS IMAGINE UAV Workflow is a desktop solution, which allows you to streamline the photogrammetric processing in a desktop environment.
The Aibot X6 and data processing software is a powerful combination that gives you the highest precision and safety on your surveying and mapping missions with data you can turn into actionable information.
(Video: Watch the Leica CS35 with Aibotix software in operation near Cassel, Germany)
The Aibot X6 is supplied by Leica Geosystems. For nearly 200 years we have been revolutionizing the world of measurement and survey across the planet. Known for premium products and innovative solution development, professionals in a diverse mix of industries, such as aerospace and defence, safety and security, construction, and manufacturing, trust Leica Geosystems for all their geospatial needs. With precise and accurate instruments, sophisticated software, and trusted services, Leica Geosystems delivers value every day.
Hexagon is a leading global provider of information technologies that drive productivity and quality across geospatial and industrial enterprise applications.
Hexagon’s solutions integrate sensors, software, domain knowledge and customer workflows into intelligent information ecosystems that deliver actionable information. They are used in a broad range of vital industries.
- 27. jun - Drone demo to suit all tastes
- 20. apr - Nordic UAS Event to continue as TUS Nordics
- 31. maj - Energy systems allowing extended flight time is the key to enlarge business potential of drones
- 25. maj - Hexagon - 360º of drone data
- 23. maj - Inspection with Drone Technology
- 24. maj - Q&A: Italdron enters the Nordic market with Drone-demonstration
- 19. maj - Exhibitor Insights: Danish Drone Network
- 16. maj - UAS Europe kicks off Nordic Strategy
- 12. maj - Full throttle on Nordic UAS Event 2016: Still tickets available
- 29. apr - 5 good reasons to book Nordic UAS Event tickets
- 19. apr - Latest NUE16 speaker: Rune Storvold
- 31. mar - Latest NUE16 speaker: Teknova’s Espen Oland
- 31. mar - Extension of Early Bird lets you book cheaply until May 1st
- 15. mar - Headlines of Danish drone law draft
- 11. mar - Big corporations will take part in Nordic UAS Event 2016
- 10. mar - Drones draped in white and blue up for test
- 8. mar - Win fantastic prices in UAS Norway’s Photo and Film Contest
- 1. mar - EDA working to integrate drones into European Airspace
- 29. feb - The European Commission will guest NUE16
- 12. feb - Early Bird offer extensions and new speakers at NUE16
- 26. jan - Danish Ministry of Defence announced as speaker
- 19. jan - Research project will enable drones to fly free
- 15. jan - Sky-Watch A/S and Little Smart Things ApS merge
- 14. jan - Swedish Sea Rescue Society announced as speaker
- 24. nov - The official Nordic UAS Event 2016 website has launched